Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Chopsuey.

Well, well...


I know how to cook now. Been cooking for 3 months straight already.

Was forced to become a real wife and mommy when my househelp decided to call it quits with us so that she can study. And because I have a two-year old, it is not a good idea to feast on fastfood or even restaurant food... the MSG might just be too much to handle.

Here is my recipe for chopsuey. Note that I do not really measure -- not because I am good but because I don't really know. I just go with my gut... or should I say, tongue!


Chopsuey

Ingredients --

Garlic, Onion, Tomatoes
Pork
Carrots
Young corn
Sitsaro
Cauliflower
Mushroom (optional)
Oyster Sauce
Cornstarch
1/4 cup of water
Salt or patis and ground pepper.

How to cook --

1) Saute garlic, onion, tomato. The longer the better.
2) Put in the pork. Wait until color becomes less red/pink. You can put ground pepper.
3) Pour 2-3 tbsps of oyster sauce.
4) Add the veggies. Start with the cauliflower and young corn then add the others. Season with ground pepper.
5) Cook a bit then add the mushrooms.
6) Pour in the cornstarch diluted in water.
7) Let it simmer.
8) Season to taste.

Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment