Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Allan's Art Gallery.

I was at the NBI around a month ago to get a Travel Abroad clearance.  I thought of doing some more errands including paying my insurance.  And I took the chance to say hi to a very good friend.

It has been a while since I last saw Allan.


He has left the Makati/Taguig work area and took a role in an office in Manila.  With the schedules that we have, it would indeed be a trek to find a regular chika time with him. For that, I was so happy that I did not forget he was very near the NBI!

His office was very nice.  And smelled good.  And had great snacks.  But the nicest thing about it was his collection of art pieces.

He has since been my coach on art pieces as I am not as 'cultured' really.  I just know the very famous painters like Van Gogh, Picasso, Amorsolo, etc.  He introduced me to a wider world of very talented Filipino artists.  And with my visit to his office, I have learned more!

Here is his fisherman brass sculpture made by Michael Cacnio.


He has another one.  (Update:  This is the "Kite" piece.)


And even more plus a Ramon Orlina glass sculpture (update: called "Inspirations").  I forgot where he got the ceramic bunny but I am pretty sure that's expensive (update: it's actually a bone china rabbit from Heima).


And of course, the paintings... all colorful.  The River Pebbles Stone Garden by Noel Mahilum.


A nice abstract art piece but I forgot the artist. (Update: The Island by Jose Julio Austria)


And another painting which he was planning to give to his Mom. (Update: The Midnight Lullaby by Roel Obemio)


My most favorite of all is this actually.  It's not a work of art but equally lovely.


Very glad that we had some time, even if short, to catch up.  Happy that he is happy now and proud of what he has achieved.

Until our next catch up, Allan!





4 comments:

  1. Hi, Lala!

    Yes, we should see each other more often. We're moving to BGC very soon! (I'm not sure if I'll bring all of these to the new office, though.)

    The brass sculptures are Michael Cacnio. I chose the "Kite" and "Fishing" pieces because they remind me of my childhood.

    The green glass sculpture is by Ramon Orlina. It's called "Inspirations." The bone china rabbit is Heima. The stainless steel jar is Alessandro Mendini for Alessi.

    The painting of river pebbles is actually called "Stone Garden" and made my Noel Mahilum. He also commissioned another piece for me called "Antonio Siblings." I hope you get to see that, too. It's beautiful.

    The painting of a sleeping child (titled "Midnight Lullaby") is by Roel Obemio. The style is definitely Filipino, but with a Botero-esque influence. I am thinking of getting more of his work.

    The abstract painting is by New York City-based artist, Jose Julio Austria. It's called "The Island."

    The corkboard is Office Warehouse. Hahaha!

    Take care and I hope to see you again soon! Hugs and kisses to Ron and Gab.

    Love,
    Allan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi allan,

      May i know where you bought Roel Obemio's Midnight Lullaby Painting? It would be of great help if i could have his contact number. thanks!

      Delete
  2. Ayan... I shall refer to these posts for my level up art pieces. My most sushyal piece is the Antonio Calma. Hehe.

    O wow! You will be back to the Taguig Area. Weeee... we shall have more opportunities to see each other then. And Owen is there, too!!!

    See you soon. Mwah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, specially the sculptures and the painting by Roel Obemio! Mas sanay kasi kami ni Lala sa mga paintings sa Market Market "Art Exhibit". =P

    ReplyDelete