Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Hong Kong In My Heart.

The journey back to HK was via train still.  This time, officemate Eric was with me.


We arrived at around 8pm.  No more crowds.  It was better than Guangzhou's.  And again, I kept on wishing for something like this to happen in the Philippines.  Not even our airports can compare.



It was my nth time in HK but still very happy to be back.  For me, it rivaled New York when it comes to the hustle and bustle.


We stayed in a hotel with a spectacular view of the harbour.  I woke up to this.


It was right in the middle of shopping action - Causeway Bay!  And it was sale season, my goodness.


For a whole lot of reasons, Causeway Bay was in UK fever.  Since it was very much related to our work, Eric and I snapped away.




I have not gone to Hong Kong Park before.  It was near the office so we spent some minutes to explore before heading back to the hotel/shopping.



During my last official night, I met up with my good friends in HK - Liezel, Bernice and Grace.  Eric was with us.  We all had a ball.


We broke out late already.  Eric had to continue the business trip to exotic Ulaanbataar (happy that I now know someone who has gone there!), Bernice and Grace went their own ways, while I joined Liezel and bunked in her place.

Here's Liezel and her small but super cozy flat.


It's somewhere in Quarry Bay and the neighborhood is certified HK.  My friend has indeed gone local!


Some more pictures of Quarry Bay before I left.



I realized that time spent with Liezel was soooo short.  I should've stayed longer.  But my little boy was waiting for his loot and I missed him terribly (hubby, too, of course).

Off to the HK airport which, for me, will always be awesome.



Did my last minute shopping and was lucky to see another wonder.  It's my first time to ever see an Airbus A380 LIVE!  One of the next short term goals is to ride that giant.


A few hours later, I was back at NAIA Terminal 1.  It was not too bad but baggage claim area was just too small, the carousel just too old.  Glad no one approached me for a tipped assistance.  I guess that's one of the improvements.



Then a few minutes later, I was back in the arms of my boys.  This was the part I loved the most.


2 comments:

  1. Great pics! Makes me want to go back to HK! =D Pasalubong ko? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tipid mode in HK... nagparamdam kasi sa akin si Manong Louis. Promise, I have pasalubong for you from China ;)

    ReplyDelete