Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Lovable Distraction.

My little boy's nanny of 4 years is leaving tomorrow.


He adores his 'Ate' a lot so the next few weeks will be difficult for him.  We really cannot stop her... she has planned to go abroad years ago.  Now, she intends to make her dreams come true.

The replacement 'Ate' is coming soon but I am sure it will take a while before he warms up to her.

And so... we bought a dog.  A yellow Labrador.

My little boy named him Percy... after Thomas the Train's best friend.  

I have always wanted my kid to have a pet dog because it would teach him unconditional love, responsibility and compassion.  This is indeed the best time.  I hope that with his new playmate, he will not miss his Ate badly.

Liking each other seemed not too difficult.  The boy shared his trains right away.

I hope Percy would prove to be a good distraction for the kiddo.  I am pretty sure they will be best friends soon.

Now, hubby and I just need to learn the ropes of being a pet owner. 


3 comments:

  1. I remember when my own Yaya Mila had to go away, I told her (at 3 y.o.), "wag ka na umalis, ako magpapasweldo sa yo hahaha"! I'm sure your little boy will be fine, Lala :) Looks like you've got an energetic dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boy's line is "It's more fun here, Ate!"... but he understand now saying that Ate needs to make her dreams come true. I know you broke Yaya Mila's heart when you said that... but yes, life goes on.

    Miss you, Marie! We still have the dinner outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo nga, Abbie's coming home soon :) Dinner tayo sama sila Allan ha? Around week ng Nov 12, I'll contact you again for the details :)

    ReplyDelete