Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Wall Two.

I have decided to set my home-decorating mission into very small milestones so I will not feel so overwhelmed with filling up our small abode.  As you know, I started with the one-walled foyer.  I am proceeding with the "wall milestone" approach which, in my estimate, should get me to complete the whole mission in 2-3 years!

I have just finished another wall.  This is one of our living room walls.  At the back of which is our jungle storage area.


Let us start with my nice jar which I got from Mandaue Foam for a little over PHP2,000.  It  has the same design as my other jar in the foyer but in a different shape.


This is my cute red cabinet which I purchased from iDeas almost a year ago.  I did a bit of an overspend on this one because I fell in love with it.  It looks antique and is not an ordinary furniture piece.  This holds the mini DeVant TV which we got from a sale. The TV, by the way, only costs more than PHP7,000 and is doing pretty well.



The paintings I purchased from the Home Market section of Market! Market!  They have the original paintings done by Filipino artists... not as famous as Arturo Luz but their works are very nice, too.

This is a depiction of Old Manila by a certain painter with the last name Cruz.  I apologize for not getting his full name.  I need to go back and ask.  Price of the painting plus the frame is PHP450.


The black and white painting captures the Eiffel Tower.  This is by another Filipino painter with the last name Alvarez... again, I am not doing my homework.  Sorry.  This cost me around PHP700.


The most expensive art we have is a painting of the Magellan's Cross by Antonio Calma.  Not too expensive still because we got this for just PHP3,000 after haggling with the art store.  We are after all their "suki" already.  I really liked the color and how it blends with the furniture placed on this wall.



That's 2 down and more than 10 walls to go.  

By the time I finish, I may need to start re-decorating again.  But, I guess, this is the fun (and pocket damaging!) part of building a home.


No comments:

Post a Comment