Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Foyer Done.

It is a project that has a moving target completion date.  I guess it will take some more months (perhaps, years?).  The more important thing is that there is progress.


I am happy to tell the world that our foyer is now complete.

Our house is not big so don't be surprised if the foyer I am talking about is just one wall.  This took 10 months to finish.  See...

The sunburst mirror I got from True Value in the Powerplant.  Sunburst mirrors are said to be lucky because they symbolize glowing or bursting energy.  Damage was Php5,000.

Elephant figurines also help bring good luck especially if their trunks are pointing upward.  They also say that the figurines should not face the door else luck will escape.  Got my set from Mandaue Foam and costs Php800.

The two picture frames we got as gifts while the wooden piece was from the Home Market at the Market! Market!.  It was made from Bulacan and costs Php180.

All of these from Mandaue Foam.  Damages were Php1,000 for the bowl and Php200-220 for those round stuff.

The console table was a great find from the Home Market at Market! Market!.  It was from Ilocos, made of Mahogany and costs only Php2,300 (after bargaining).

The nice slim jar was from Mandaue Foam and costs Php1,600 (I think I need to put some twigs in there to address that bare part of the wall).  Notice the obsession for things that look like bursts.  For me, they symbolize positivity and energy.

Total cost of this wall was Php11,540.  That's like saving Php1,500/month for the 10 months that we were here and having these savings invested on stuff that make our home even more cozy.

Now, I need to save again for the next wall... er... portion of the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment