Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Frustrated MUA.

I have always been fascinated with make-up.  I remember watching my mom prepare for office, her sitting in front of her dresser applying make-up.  My most favorite part then was when she was putting her lipstick because it made her made up face complete.

Then, thanks to Ricky Reyes and "her" Beauty School Plus show in RPN9, I got even more interested.  I was no longer interested with the lipstick... I was hooked more on coloring the eyes.

While I was growing up, I never had money so whenever I needed to put color on my face, I would raid the collection of my Mom.  I did put into practice Mama Ricky's lessons so I do not remember having to go out with a disastrous mix of colors.

I started to work and it was just unfortunate that the world I was in is boring finance.  Boring in a sense because this part of the organization is not into make-up... unlike marketing, sales or customer service.  Make-up was, thus, not part of my budget... not even a lipstick... well, okay.. I did include a lip gloss.

Fast forward to now... weddings have become super commercialized, YouTube is here to stay and people have insisted on trying to find themselves.  Make-up is now a form of art and a source of passion.  Make-up in my budget has now more than ever been validated.


Presenting my loot.

(Plus, the Suesh Brushes from hubby.)


But no... it's not a loot of expensive make-up.  Remember, I am from Finance so I watch my budget closely.  I stick to the Maybelline/Cover Girl level.  My MACs are courtesy of my generous cousin Joy D, who is, by the way, a guru in make-up.


And, as they say, one slowly builds up her make-up loot.  So, here are my latest additions.


Make-up primer from Missha.

Another lipstick from Face Shop.


Eyeliner from Face Shop, I think.


Hello Kitty mascara by Maybelline.


My next step is to deal with my frustration.  I hope to enroll in one of the make-up courses.  I just need to find the time and save up for it since the classes are pretty darn expensive.  Who knows... I might have a second career as a make-up artist.  Loving what you do and earning from it is a very nice combination.



No comments:

Post a Comment