Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

IDeas.

I have been busy this past few weeks because we will be moving to a new place... a bigger one (but considering the small space that we have now, the "bigger" may not truly mean BIG).

Phone calls here and there with the agent, site visits every now and then.  Of course, the paperworks are always a pain... yadda, yadda, yadda.

Now that the place has been turned over to us, the next step is making sure that it is livable for us... the minimum requirements of a home is in place.  This would mean buying the basic furniture that will help us beautify the box we are going to live in while we save money for future interior renovations!

My good friend, Allan, was the smart guy here.  He suggested that we visit a new furniture store located in Pasong Tamo, Makati, just across the GSK complex.  It is called IDeas For Living and according to him, there are a lot of cheap good stuff.

It was TRUE.  Good stuff, low price.  Not too cheap like SM Homeworld, but definitely better prices than Dimensione.  PLUS, service is way better than your ordinary furniture store.

The place is actually a big warehouse.

From Iphone loads

While a no-no for the others, it is OK to take pictures here!

From Iphone loads

They also sell reproduced artworks so they are cheap.

From Iphone loads

Here is the couch I wanted (but I bought another one from Homeworld!)

From Iphone loads

You can also find small pieces that would complete your home.

From Iphone loads

While going around the place, a salesperson tags along with you not to annoy you or force you to buy.  They are there for questions and to take note of your choices.  Because, they send you a quotation of the pieces!  Neil Cruz, our attendant, was super mabait and was very sincere.  He sent the quotation to my inbox the very next day.

From Digicam Shots


From Digicam Shots

They do not charge delivery fees but I live nearby so not sure it would be the same for the whole metro.  They also do not charge storage fees if in case you still need more time before the delivery.  Would have been much better if they also offer the 0% installment schemes.  

I will definitely go back soon to close a few items I liked (like the chest which I hope is still available).  

I finally found the right furniture shop for me.  This is for keeps.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! Good job, Lala!

    I am happy that you were able to find great pieces for your new house. If you're looking for more local providers with the same price point, check out Mandaue Foam. I'd also recommend Locsin International-- I think the factory is in Bulacan, but they will be participating at the Manila FAME exhibit this April!

    Can't wait for the house warming party!

    ReplyDelete