Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Yummy Cough Medicine.


I have been caught by the cold (and cough?) virus twice in the past 3 months.  And in those two episodes, I did not resort to the buying the over-the-counter cough syrups.

Why?

Because I have an effective home remedy!!!

Honey + Calamansi extract.  This was actually one of my Dad's teachings (he grew up in the barrio so he has a big bag home of remedies).

I found the ready concentrate in 750ml bottles in the grocery for around Php160.  

From Digicam Shots

My original intention for buying is to have a fresher alternative to powdered juices.  This came in handy, one night, when my throat was itchier than gabi.

From Digicam Shots

Here's the drill -- before going to sleep, drink one tablespoon.  Allow the syrup to coat your throat first before drinking a glass of water.  The water must NOT be cold.  This is an effective cure for itchy throat... a great inconvenience when it strikes during bedtime.

You can repeat in the morning after breakfast but usually the night ritual is enough.

Then, when you are okay, make yourself a refreshing iced calamansi juice.

Note: For kids below 10, please check with your pediatricians first.

No comments:

Post a Comment