Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Photography, Hubby, and Walking.

Hubby is not exactly an expert photographer but he has talent so being the supportive wife that I am, I always encourage him to continuously develop this arty side of him.

We got him a basic digital SLR camera and another lens so he could practice.  Apart from that, he also joined a Digital Photography 101 class conducted by the Alcove Perspective -- a photography group under the Filipinas Heritage Library.  These were all 2 years ago so I surmised (and this turned out to be true according to him) that he kind of lost a lot of things he learned from the class including his fascination with the mahalia (read: expensive) gadget.


Good thing the Alcove is composed of an intelligent bunch of people, they kept the contact details of their ex-students in the 101 classes.  Hubby was invited to a Photowalk Challenge!  And since he is sweet, he invited me to join, too.


It was something new and kind of interesting so I said yes.  I do have an artistic side so I am always open to different avenues of expressing it.  Plus, I did not need a digital SLR, just a point and shoot would do.


The Photowalk Challenge required participants to go around Makati and take pictures of a list of subjects.  The list had 22 challenges so this meant submitting 22 photos to the judges.


Jay Alonzo, a professional photographer, provided some words of inspiration to the participants before the challenge was kicked off.

From Iphone loads

Armed with my point and shoot Canon camera (which is 4 years old!!!), I joined hubby and WALKED from the Ayala Triangle to Greenbelt, Glorietta, and back.

From Iphone loads

Here are my finished products.  17 out of 22.


It was very tiring as I don't really fancy walking.  Aside from that, it was drizzling every now and then.  Not my kind of activity but I did enjoy the challenge so I am up for another one next year!

After shooting was judging time.  We had dinner courtesy of Via Mare.  And there were lots of raffle draws.  Hooray!  I won an Olympus raincoat!!!

From Iphone loads

But judging entries from 90+ contestants ain't that easy, so the waiting time was tooo long.

From Iphone loads

Good thing we waited... because hubby was one of the 10 consolation prize winners!!!  My iPhone got discharged, my digicam, too, so I can't show the awarding ceremonies.  

Here are his two best shots in my book.  He has not lost his touch after all.

Challenge: Photograph a lady with an umbrella.
Makati Ave

Challenge: Photograph "The Pin" at the Ayala Museum
Ayala Museum


For more information about Alcove, please check out their website here.

1 comment:

  1. La, belated happy bday! Pasensya na alam mo naman ako autistic so may sarili akong mundo. Kumusta na kayo nila Fafa Ron and Gab? And the rest of Kiseka? Napauwi c Mommy last month kse namatay Lola ko pero d ako nakasama. Gusto ko ngang umuwi e. Kelan kayo dadalaw ulit dto?

    Hwag mo pagtawanan pseudoname ko ha. Nakalimutan ko na alam mo nga pala tong blog ko haha. Sumagot ako dun sa comment na pinost mo sa blog ko pero d kaya na bumalik so hinunting ko tong blog mo para makareply.

    In fairness magaganda kuha mo. Ako walang talent sa photogragphy. Yung canon camera hawig sa kin. Pero syemper kahit wala akong talent ang lakas ng loob ko na bumili ng dslr. Pinapaglitan nga ako nung pinsan ko kse sayang lang daw sa kin.

    Sorry tagalog ako magcomment para wala masyado makaintindi (Filipino lang). Ayokong nagpopost sa wall or sa public e :(

    Regards na lang sa lahat dyan.

    Miss u guys!

    ReplyDelete