Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Addicted To The Tiny Tower.

Breaktime and Me time now include this.


Tiny Tower as described in the App Store "lets you build and manage the businesses and bitizens that inhabit it".  It can be downloaded for free.

Since I am a time management game fan, the first time I saw this free app I got excited. As I progressed, I am loving it even more because I really do not need to spend a whole lot of time on it.  It is unlike Sally's Spa or Ada' Hospital, wherein you are sure to have irate customers if you put down the iPhone to get a glass of water.  And this is also not like Tamagochi where you have to be sure that you visit your pet at a particular time of the day... if you do not want them d-e-a-d.  In Tiny Tower, you stock up, buy/construct floors, let the Bitizens take care of the tower and go about your day.

Everytime I check on my tower, I see earnings.

My tenants and employees keep the tower running.  They work for my businesses, pay rent and wait for their dream jobs.

I monitor their thoughts and feelings through the Bitbook -- their own version of the Facebook.  I just wish I could do more than change their clothes, assign them jobs, and evict them so the Bitbook will have more relevance.

I do a bit more things through the menu.  My favorite function is the Stats where I get to monitor the demand for my businesses and my sales per minute.

Here is how my Tiny Tower looks.


Definitely a game that fits the demands of my job, my little boy and my "katamaran" (read: laziness).  It keeps me excited with the randomness of the businesses built, the designs of the residential floors and the type of bitizens who come to rent... but it also does not keep me glued to my iPhone for hours.

I wonder until what floor will this game sustain me...



No comments:

Post a Comment