Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Moonleaf Tea Shop.

It was a slow Saturday so when my brother proposed that we visit his friend's shop, I readily said yes and brought hubby with me.  My sister and brother-in-law tagged along, too.

The shop was called Moonleaf Tea Shop.  It is located at Maginhawa Street, Teacher's Village.

I looooove milk tea even if I am lactose intolerant so I was extremely excited to taste their unique flavors.  But what immediately struck me when we got there was the unique concept that the shop has.

It is an old house converted to a tea shop (my architect cousin, by the way, designed the place).  Here is the 'garahe' (garage) leading to the main entrance... with chairs and tables outside.  The garahe was packed with customers and well lit, I feel like I am going to a party in a neighbor's house.

Inside you will see that it's a small shop... with chairs and tables, of course.  And the twist is this.

Nice corkboards where anyone can tack notes/messages on (I suppose only the noncontroversial ones).  Waiting for someone who is running late but you need to dash and have no load?  Leave a post-it here.

I remember that my first time to order in Starbucks had me feeling worried about the things I had to say to the barista.  Moonleaf, however, has a no frills counter, left simple for everyone not to feel intimidated.  The space can be a challenge when lines are long but I guess this is not something the young ones really care about.  Blame it on my age, perhaps -- the older you get, the more space you want.

Now, let's go to what they sell.

They have the Basic, the Milk Teas, the Fruit Teas and the add-ons (pudding, pearls, milk, nata).  Price starts at Php70.  Of course, you would have additional charges for the add-ons.

They also have cakes and pastries which should complement your teas.


Here is what hubby and I had.

Honey Aloe Tea for hubby on the right.  Honey Milk Tea, Jasmine-based, with pearls and pudding... YUM... that's mine.

Every cup has a smiley.


The guy who brought this to Pinas (from Taiwan) is very young.  Adrian Adriano was not born rich but has a truck full of guts.  For me, he is a success story so here I am in a photo op with him.

I would, most definitely, be back to Moonleaf to enjoy the tea and the unique personality of the shop.


Moonleaf also has a branch in Katipunan.  They usually have treats, promos, booth setups so for more updates, like them on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment