Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ginisang Saba Mackerel.

It is our househelp's birthday month and she decided to spend her birthday in her hometown.  Because of this, I am the official househelp for two weeks.

I have come to love cooking so on this aspect, I am not complaining.  I actually look forward to being the functioning queen of the kitchen again.

Ginisang Saba Mackerel (don't really know if this is the right name) was a recipe my Mom learned from somewhere.  The first time I tasted it, I surprisingly liked it and told myself that my next cooking opportunity would include this dish.

Here are the ingredients.

Saba Mackerel, the main ingredient.  Drain the oil/sauce and set it aside.

Potatoes.  Two medium sized potatoes will do.

Garlic, Onion and Tomato.  Your usual panggisa.

Onion leeks, chopped.

Laurel leaf and peppercorn.  For added flavor.


How to cook:

1. Boil the potatoes until cooked.  (Tip: While boiling, add a hint of Rosemary dried leaves for more flavor.)  After boiling, set aside.

2. Saute garlic, onion and tomato in cooking oil.

3. Put in the Saba Mackerel and saute for a while until the flavors blend.  Add the boiled potatoes.

4. Pour the Saba oil/sauce in, then, the laurel leaf and peppercorns.  Allow this to boil a bit before lowering the fire.

5. Add the onion leeks.  Continue until the leeks are cooked.

6. Serve and enjoy.



Goes well with hot rice and Coke!



2 comments:

  1. Naks naman Lala, may cooking lessons ka na din! :) Looks good! Will try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Add to the dishes that you will cook for Pierre :)

    ReplyDelete