Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Alone For A Week.

It has been a long time since I last traveled alone... Alone as in no Hubby, little boy or family.  When I learned that I would get back to the "business trip business" with my new job (yes, I have a new one), it was a welcome thought for me.  And I would be traveling within Asia so this it would be a good break-in.


I try my best to travel light, not because I would want to be business-like.  I do it... just in case... I... buy a lot.  All in one medium-sized bag for a one week trip.  I never forget my goodies for overseas contacts, of course (Curly Tops and Mango Balls!).

First time to travel with another airline from Manila.  I have been a loyal PAL fan because of family... but this time, I flew Cathay.  And because of that, hello again to Terminal 1.

I never remembered Terminal 1 having tissue paper in the Ladies' Room.  They have now.  They even have bidet!  Hooray for airport surveys!

The Boeing 777 liner is a nice plane.  Each seat has their own touchscreen TV and has a port to charge the Apple stuff.

Food was not as great, though.  I still like the hot meals of PAL.

Hongkong, finally.

But, I was not done yet.  I took the Airport Express to Kowloon Station.


Took the Airport Express Complimentary Shuttle to Hung Hom Station.


Then, took another intercity train.

All the way to Guangzhou... my first time in China.




The photos, I took inside the cab.  Ended up in the hotel at around 9:30pm after a 12-hr journey from Manila.  It was a great adventure but glad that was done. (More to come in my next posts!).


No comments:

Post a Comment