Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My New Toy.

Oooh... I have a new toy.  Boy, am I excited.


I decided to retire my ever reliable 5 year old Canon Point-and-Shoot.

Not because it has become unreliable but because I wanted to have a bit more advanced camera to keep up with my growing boy.


Experience tells that the best deals would be in the US.  My Mom and sister had their rendezvous in the States so I took the opportunity.  Since I have been a loyal Canon user, the obvious choice was also a Canon.

And so I got the Canon PowerShot ELPH 320 HS in black.




Pictures can go as high as 16.1 megapixels, 5X zoom lens and has full HD capacity.  It is touchscreen so it has a large display and limited buttons to click.






Another thing I like about it is that it tells you what those functions are for.  For a non-photographer like me, this is a great help.

But the best-est thing is its WiFi capability.  I do not have to pop it open to get the SD card.  I just have to connect it to the computer to transfer pictures and videos.  Sweet!

Here are some shots using some of the non-photographer friendly features.

Using the Auto function.

The Toy Camera for a sort of Instagram effect.

The Miniature Effect which blurs the top and the bottom.

The Poster Effect.


The whole camera plus an 8GB SD card cost me USD281.  Using PHP42 as the conversion rate, the price in local currency is around PHP11,800.  If I keep it for 5 years (which I normally do), it's like paying Php2,300 per year.  My sister said it was on sale when they bought it so considering that this was released only in February 2012, it was indeed a good buy.


Now, lemme buy a nice camera bag this weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment