Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Two Kids. Several Roles.

I know that having two kids is difficult. But I never thought it would be THAT difficult.

It is really literally juggling different roles on a daily basis. I am not only a Mom, I am also a:
  • wife
  • a boss at work
  • a subordinate at work
  • a colleague at work
  • a chief operating officer at home
  • a teacher to my 7 year old
Let us not forget that I, too, am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, an in-law. Thankfully, those roles do not take much of my time but, of course, I need to be where I should be when necessary.

And then there is myself. I do need to do a cameo regularly, don't I?

Oh, I do not want to be glorified for my superhuman-ness. I really have no time for that. They say it is a choice I made so most definitely I have to swallow the consequences of it - and yes fully aware of that. But sometimes, whenever I am in my most sacred alone time (short but sweet nowadays), I do think why things have come to this. Not my choices, but the fact that there needs to be choices between home and non-home stuff.

And that is a bigger question that I do not think will have enough answers. So I carry on as usual and look forward to the time when things get easier - I am sure they will.

No comments:

Post a Comment