Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Positive and Negative

I was supposed to have my colonoscopy last Friday. I was ready and all... having spent my Thursday night feeling the effect of the potent laxative the doctor gave me.

Friday morning was the same... I was instructed to have another dose of the laxative AND fast from 6AM.

The thing that was not instructed but I thought of doing was to take a pregnancy test using a home kit. I do know that Friday's procedure would have me sedated and if in case I am infanticipating, that would not be good.

It came out positive.

Hubby and I had to rush to the hospital to advise the doctor and then we took the opportunity of visiting my OB-GYN.

Of course, my ob-gyn was ecstatic. We have been trying to have baby number 2 for a number of months now so this is very good news. She requested that I have my usual pre-natal exams and of course, an ultrasound of the pelvis.

Hubby was excited while waiting at the ultrasound clinic of the Medical City. But his name was not called. Instead, I was the one who went out... there was no baby. I am not pregnant.

We were a bit disappointed but we did find it funny. The home test kit was a lemon, perhaps. That day was my weirdest ever. I was pregnant for about 6 hours... I hope next time it's for real...

No comments:

Post a Comment