Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

I Love St. Luke's Global City, Too!

I am a super fan of The Medical City.

For me, it's the best hospital in Manila for the following reasons:  

1. Never had a horrific experience with them yet.

2. Lines in Metro Manila hospitals/clinics is as natural as hospital beds... sometimes even more natural.  In the numerous times that I have been to Medical City and its doctors' clinics, my waiting time averages 30 minutes.  For an impatient person like me, that is Disneyland.

3. The nurses and staff are service-oriented.  You would not feel that you owe your life from them.

4.  The building, rooms and facilities do not look old.  They have hot water in the room toilet and batch.  Plus, they have Starbucks, Pancake House and Max's.

Last December, however, I also became a fan of St. Luke's Global City (note the italicization).


I suddenly had recurrence of my cold sore several days before the wedding of my girlfriend.  I, of course, did not want some wound on my lips on that grand day so I resorted to a buying an expensive cream for faster healing.


It was a Monday night.  I thought I could not delay the cream any longer so hubby and I drove to Global City to check on the drugstores.  While I did not bank on Mercury Drugstore because they usually close early (!), I trusted that the Southstar Drugstore located at the Shell Station is open until 11pm.  It was indeed open but the cream I was looking for was not available.

Passing through the St. Luke's, I saw the bright "Pharmacy" sign.  We, then, took a turn and took a chance.  Turned out great.  The security guards were so polite and told me that I can make a purchase in the hospital pharmacy!


Went up to the 5th floor (I think!) for the Pharmacy.



Learned it was the outpatient pharmacy.  Pharmacist said purchase from a non-patient is not a problem.


The cream was, however, far more expensive than the ordinary drugstore price so good thing they accept credit cards.



The whole time the security guards allowed my hubby to wait at the lobby driveway.  Customer service is about bending the rules sometimes.  I smell empowered guards because they know when situation requires for it.  Panalo!



Thank you, St. Luke's Global City!  I was able to buy the cream so I looked fantabulous during my girlfriend's wedding.

4 comments:

  1. I've visited a friend in St. Luke's Global City also--grabe, it's like a hotel. The lobby is just beautiful and the restos inside are even more high-end than Med City (meron pa nga atang Bizu!) The elevators have staff dressed like flight attendants to push the floor buttons for you--hehe. And yeah, everyone there is just nice. Well, at least the patients there get what they pay for. I hear the prices are sky-high too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are in promo nowadays. 50% discount on all the rooms. BUT even with that, I don't think I will "check in" this hospital without an HMO. Mahalia Jackson! :) I do love it because the service-oriented staff did not differentiate me from the certified patients :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naku, mare, careful with that 50-off offer! When my friend gave birth, she got a private room instead of a semi-ward as originally planned because she thought the money she prepared for confinement could cover it dahil nga half the price. But no! Di sya in-inform that with a better room, fees for all other med stuff increase also--medicines, doctor's fees, etc. she ended up paying more tuloy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happened to us when I gave birth at Med City. I knew that "rule" so I thought Ron knew. Natuwa naman ako na he was willing to pay extra so I would be more comfy. Hindi pala nya alam! Haha! He should know better next time.

    ReplyDelete