Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Design Inspirations.

Activities for our house move are picking up so I am getting excited by the day.

Our contractor will start with the renovations next week (I hope!).  Deliveries and installations then need to be coordinated.

But since we are working on a VERY limited budget, the house can still be considered bare even with the renovations.  Design of the interiors and how it will feel homey must be figured out by moi.

I do have an artistic side but have only used it on cheap stuff.  I need to be careful about this.  I cannot, for the love of my husband, purchase a furniture and set it aside if it does not fit the intended concept.

The internet, indeed, is a wonderful invention.  I have found good websites that I super recommend for amateurs like me. 

Design Sponge Online.  It features sneek peeks to houses of real people, not celebrities or royalties.  They have a good mixture of lifestyle write-ups from gardening, parties, cooking and some do-it-yourself stuff.
From Digicam Shots


Desire to Inspire.  It focuses more on houses, both interior and exteriors (including the garden).
From Digicam Shots


Martha Stewart Online.  I go directly to the home decorating portion of the website.  This has a more organized presentation so you get to your topic in mind the fastest.  They have a link for decorating, gardening, home improvement, painting ideas, organizing, etc.
From Digicam Shots



And, of course, we have the Urban Zone on TV... now aired on Fridays.  It starts very late at night but I make it a point to watch.
From Iphone loads


I've grabbed some ideas already.  I hope it turns out well and not too expensive.  Update you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment