Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mercato By Night.

We live less than 5km away but we have never tried going to Midnight Mercato ever since it opened.

Three Fridays ago was the perfect time.  My work was on monthend close mode so that meant overtime.  Overtime meant synchronization with my hubby's office hours.

Welcome to Midnight Mercato!
From Digicam Shots


We went around first and saw all types of food.  There were pastries, burgers, sausages, tempura and street food!  Of course, street food in sushyal version.

There were squid balls, chicken balls, kwek-kwek.
From Digicam Shots

We also saw barbecue, isaw, betamax, etc.
From Digicam Shots

Just like street food, you order then they cook.
From Digicam Shots

They also have samalamig (which is also called Sago't Gulaman).
From Digicam Shots

Here's what we had.
From Digicam Shots
From Digicam Shots
From Digicam Shots
From Digicam Shots

All these plus hubby's bagnet and rice for more than Php300.  Not bad.  But if you grew up in UP... expensive.

While I appreciated the experience, I definitely think this is not the hangout place for hubby and me.  It was a bit crowded.  Eating place was al fresco so it has a good number of smokers nearby.  Indeed... I am getting old.

We ended the night with a chocnut Mochiko ball which was delicious.

I would not mind stopping by again but if I would be made to choose between the two Mercatos, I would pick the morning version.


No comments:

Post a Comment